Saturday, January 24, 2009

headboard

A year or so ago, I got a new, queen-sized mattress and the delivery guys offered to take away the old bed frame, leaving me with this headboard. I finally put it out in the garden with the idea of letting the vines climb around it. I think it would be more aesthetically effective if we could get anything actually pretty to grow out here. As it is, I can't decide if it's more white trash or shabby chic. Also not sure if "shabby chic" is still a thing.

Not terribly exciting, but I spent the day hungover and a little sad*, which, it turns out, is not a condition helped by watching tragic high school football dramas or movies about school shootings. Am now trying to rectify the situation with Grosse Pointe Blank. (Which, OMG, has Mr. Trick in it! And the guy who took Buffy to the dimension where all the kids aged really fast and had to do manual labor!) Tomorrow, I will venture beyond the front gate and find something really good.

* Nothing serious!

No comments: